Collection of Users’ Personal Information
When you register for Paper Submission System and Registration System services from IWPPI2018, we may ask for personal information to identify specific individual. This consists of information such as your name, nationality, postal address, employer, attending school name, telephone number, facsimile number, e-mail address, etc.
Also, when you use this service after registering, the IWPPI Organizing Committee will acquire usage history such as paper submission, registration of attendance, etc. in association with information that can identify the user.
Use of Collected Personal Information
- (1) For authenticating the person who registers as the registered user at logging in or after logging when using this service.
- (2) For automatically displaying registered information to allow users to view, modify and confirm usage status of this service on each screen for various information.
- (3) For automatically displaying registration information on the entry screen to facilitate the data input for users.
- (4) For responding to inquiries from users, and for inquiries from users to the IWPPI Organizing Committee.
- (5) For confirming the registered information of users and sending information to users related to IWPPI.
Disclosure to Third Party of Collected Personal Information
IWPPI Organizing Committee will not disclose to any third party the collected personal information to be able to identify individuals, except for the following three instances:
- (1) Where disclosure is required, based on legal ground;
- (2) where a consent by the user has been specifically given to disclose to third party, when personal information was collected; or
- (3) where certain personal information is disclosed to an employee or other staff of IWPPI Organizing Committee or other contracting party to the extent that such disclosure is needed to render certain service to the user from IWPPI Organizing Committee. In this case, IWPPI Organizing Committee will take the reasonable steps and measures to prevent collected personal information from being incidentally disclosed to third party.
IWPPI Organizing Committee will endeavor to safeguard the collected personal information from missing, leaking, misuse, alteration or destruction, through reasonable security measures. Please note that it is impossible to assure absolute and perfect security measures.
The IWPPI Organizing Committee retains the personal information of the user as long as it is necessary to provide this service to the user, but when it is no longer necessary, it will be promptly erased.